I was always taught that when I have an important decision to make, remedy a person needs to make a Ben Franklin List where they weigh the arguments for and against. Here is a start to a list, order that maybe you might want to finish.
|Why Stay where You are?||Why Make a Change?|
|1. If I stay where I am, illness my family might be secure, so long as there aren’t any changes.
2. I make just enough money to take care of the basics, so long as nothing changes.
3. I like the security of having this paycheck waiting for me every two weeks.
4. My job is fine. I show up, do my job, go home, go to sleep and then do it again. My job is fine.
5. The brands I have in my portfolio have been around for a long time and I can look forward to pretty much the same returns every month, so long as nothing changes.
6. My company is in the middle of reorganization or change or realignment or whatever and now is just not the time to leave, because I am sure this will be the last time that happens.
7. I like the routine of dropping by my stores and checking the numbers. I get all my satisfaction from checking the numbers.
8. So what if my franchisor sold out my territory, I don’t mind making a little less.
9. There is nothing new and exciting out there anyway, it’s all been done.
|1. Like it or not, everything changes
2. The only control I have is how hard I am willing to work. Shouldn’t I be working for me and my family?
3. I want to make more money, grow my portfolio and achieve more!
4. Ben Franklin said, “Those who would trade freedom for security, deserve neither.” Security is an illusion. I need to be free to do all I can.
5. My portfolio is growing marginally and the territory is running out. It is time to jump into a new dynamic brand, where I can multiply my returns.
6. I deserve to be excited about going into work or visiting my stores!
7. Franchises with great ops, great marketing, great systems and great product are what work. If I find a brand that meets those criteria, I need to jump in with both feet.
8. I was built for more than a routine. I want to make something happen!
9. I missed out on so many brands by waiting until they had long track records. I will not miss out on the next big thing again!
10. I need to open my eyes, there is something unique and dynamic out there.
Add a few of your own if you’d like, then weigh each side to see where you are. Do you want to just keep doing what you are doing or is it time to make a bold change?